From Github to Jenkins, your code pipeline consists of many different parts with specific functions.
- View Offline
(upbeat music)…- Welcome back.…In this movie we're going to talk tools.…The continuous delivery pipeline…for each organization and team is different.…The idea of a pipeline is a series of phases…each backed by a specific tool.…- Let's look at the six key phases…for continuous delivery and the tooling…that's associated with it.…The key areas are:…Version Control, CI Systems, Build, Test,…you'll need an Artifact repository and Deployment.…
- Version control is where we commit code changes…and can view the entire history of all changes ever made.…It allows the developers to stay in sync with each other…by treating each change as an independent layer in the code.…- You know, most organizations today opt to use Git…in the form of GitHub or BitBucket either as a SAS…or sometimes as an on-prem enterprise version.…These add additional collaboration and sharing benefits,…often found in social media.…You can kind of think of it as…Facebook meets version control.…Alright, next up is continuous integration.…
- Jenkins, being open-source,…
In this course, well-known DevOps practitioners Ernest Mueller and James Wickett provide an overview of the DevOps movement, focusing on the core value of CAMS (culture, automation, measurement, and sharing). They cover the various methodologies and tools an organization can adopt to transition into DevOps, looking at both agile and lean project management principles and how old-school principles like ITIL, ITSM, and SDLC fit within DevOps.
The course concludes with a discussion of the three main tenants of DevOps—infrastructure automation, continuous delivery, and reliability engineering—as well as some additional resources and a brief look into what the future holds as organizations transition from the cloud to serverless architectures.
- What is DevOps?
- Understanding DevOps core values and principles
- Choosing DevOps tools
- Creating a positive DevOps culture
- Understanding agile and lean
- Building a continuous delivery pipeline
- Building reliable systems
- Looking into the future of DevOps
Skill Level Beginner
Techniques for Developing Secure Softwarewith Jungwoo Ryoo1h 1m Intermediate
1. DevOps Basics
2. DevOps: A Culture Problem
3. The Building Blocks of DevOps
4. Infrastructure Automation
5. Continuous Delivery
6. Reliability Engineering
7. Additional DevOps Resources
8. The Future of DevOps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.