Communication is the key to collaboration and solving problems when the stakes are high.
- We talk about the importance of communication,…but sometimes that seems like a fuzzy topic.…So in this section, we're going to hone in on…two very specific key aspects of communication…as it relates to DevOps,…blameless postmortems and transparent uptime.…Now, these two activities require…even better communication skills than normal,…as they're often occurring…whenever the stakes are really high.…Let's get right to the details of…running a blameless postmortem.…You know, postmortems should run within…24 or 48 hours after a customer…is affected with a major outage.…This helps keep everything fresh.…
In preparing for the postmortem,…it's good to have the team collaborate…and build up a timeline, but assign one person…to run the meeting.…Oh yeah, and you're going to want to avoid…having the person who caused the outage…be the one who runs the meeting,…I mean, otherwise it'll just get kind of awkward.…When starting the process, I like to ask…all of the team members to fill in…as much of the timeline before the meeting…
In this course, well-known DevOps practitioners Ernest Mueller and James Wickett provide an overview of the DevOps movement, focusing on the core value of CAMS (culture, automation, measurement, and sharing). They cover the various methodologies and tools an organization can adopt to transition into DevOps, looking at both agile and lean project management principles and how old-school principles like ITIL, ITSM, and SDLC fit within DevOps.
The course concludes with a discussion of the three main tenants of DevOps—infrastructure automation, continuous delivery, and reliability engineering—as well as some additional resources and a brief look into what the future holds as organizations transition from the cloud to serverless architectures.
- What is DevOps?
- Understanding DevOps core values and principles
- Choosing DevOps tools
- Creating a positive DevOps culture
- Understanding agile and lean
- Building a continuous delivery pipeline
- Building reliable systems
- Looking into the future of DevOps
Skill Level Beginner
Techniques for Developing Secure Softwarewith Jungwoo Ryoo1h 1m Intermediate
1. DevOps Basics
2. DevOps: A Culture Problem
3. The Building Blocks of DevOps
4. Infrastructure Automation
5. Continuous Delivery
6. Reliability Engineering
7. Additional DevOps Resources
8. The Future of DevOps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.