Break down the silos and establish a culture of responsibility and ownership, and align your teams to support the flow of concept to cash.
- While I've been an engineer for many years,…I've also put in more than half of my career as a manager…and I want to bring that perspective to this video.…What to consider as a leader during a move to DevOps.…Just renaming an existing team DevOps…or making a new team called DevOps…does nothing to achieve these goals.…If that's all you do,…don't be surprised when nothing improves.…You need real change.…Change is always hard…and changing roles can be seen as threatening.…Helping your team through the transition…is key to your success.…
So first, let's talk about organizational issues.…DevOps strongly advocates eliminating silos…and thrives in an environment of autonomous teams.…By putting the right people on a team,…focusing them on the business problem at hand…and setting up self service tooling…to allow them to develop test,…deploy and operate their own service,…you maintain a very high pace…because the team isn't blocked by other teams…for making progress…or tempted to advocate responsibility for the end result…
In this course, well-known DevOps practitioners Ernest Mueller and James Wickett provide an overview of the DevOps movement, focusing on the core value of CAMS (culture, automation, measurement, and sharing). They cover the various methodologies and tools an organization can adopt to transition into DevOps, looking at both agile and lean project management principles and how old-school principles like ITIL, ITSM, and SDLC fit within DevOps.
The course concludes with a discussion of the three main tenants of DevOps—infrastructure automation, continuous delivery, and reliability engineering—as well as some additional resources and a brief look into what the future holds as organizations transition from the cloud to serverless architectures.
- What is DevOps?
- Understanding DevOps core values and principles
- Choosing DevOps tools
- Creating a positive DevOps culture
- Understanding agile and lean
- Building a continuous delivery pipeline
- Building reliable systems
- Looking into the future of DevOps
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Principleswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
1. DevOps Basics
2. DevOps: A Culture Problem
3. The Building Blocks of DevOps
4. Infrastructure Automation
5. Continuous Delivery
6. Reliability Engineering
7. Additional DevOps Resources
8. The Future of DevOps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.