Learn what next steps you should pursue for growing in DevOps understanding and practice.
- Welcome back.…We hope that this course has helped orient you to…the core concepts of DevOps.…And given you a grounding in its most important areas,…so you can start learning by doing.…- The largest impediment to implementing DevOps…is simply not starting.…Ya know, we've given you resources that you can use…to learn more, but there's no better way to understand…then to just do it.…- Hashtag just do it.…- The beauty of most of these new technologies…is they are free or cheap entry level availability.…Great documentation and online tutorials.…- For example you can sign up for a free tier…Amazon web services account,…install the AWS command line tools…and docker on your PC or Mac.…
Pull down a docker image with terraform on it…and another with Jenkins or,…some other tool on it.…And begin experimenting.…- That's right, you can learn git from an online tutorial,…you can fork someone else's code and just start…hacking on it.…Any technical person can take these building blocks…and pretty quickly create a demo where,…from source control, you spin up a server and…
In this course, well-known DevOps practitioners Ernest Mueller and James Wickett provide an overview of the DevOps movement, focusing on the core value of CAMS (culture, automation, measurement, and sharing). They cover the various methodologies and tools an organization can adopt to transition into DevOps, looking at both agile and lean project management principles and how old-school principles like ITIL, ITSM, and SDLC fit within DevOps.
The course concludes with a discussion of the three main tenants of DevOps—infrastructure automation, continuous delivery, and reliability engineering—as well as some additional resources and a brief look into what the future holds as organizations transition from the cloud to serverless architectures.
- What is DevOps?
- Understanding DevOps core values and principles
- Choosing DevOps tools
- Creating a positive DevOps culture
- Understanding agile and lean
- Building a continuous delivery pipeline
- Building reliable systems
- Looking into the future of DevOps
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Principleswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
1. DevOps Basics
2. DevOps: A Culture Problem
3. The Building Blocks of DevOps
4. Infrastructure Automation
5. Continuous Delivery
6. Reliability Engineering
7. Additional DevOps Resources
8. The Future of DevOps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.