If you build it, you run it and other patterns for reliability engineering.
(electronic music)…- Welcome to our video on reliability engineering.…This is the third major practice area within DevOps.…- In engineering, reliability describes the ability…of a system or component to function under stated conditions…for a specified period of time.…- In IT this includes availability, performance, security,…and all the other factors that allow your service…to actually deliver its capabilities to the users.…
- In any kind of well-managed, modern infrastructure…it's increasingly rare for outages and production problems…to be caused by the infrastructure.…Once you get past the most basic system automation,…it's not an exaggeration to say…that 90% of production issues are software problems.…- Yeah, that's totally right.…But in traditional IT when reliability, performance,…or security are mentioned they sometimes can get referred to…as non-functional requirements.…You know, many product managers don't even consider them…to be part of their responsibility.…
- Yeah and this leads to inefficient manual handling…
In this course, well-known DevOps practitioners Ernest Mueller and James Wickett provide an overview of the DevOps movement, focusing on the core value of CAMS (culture, automation, measurement, and sharing). They cover the various methodologies and tools an organization can adopt to transition into DevOps, looking at both agile and lean project management principles and how old-school principles like ITIL, ITSM, and SDLC fit within DevOps.
The course concludes with a discussion of the three main tenants of DevOps—infrastructure automation, continuous delivery, and reliability engineering—as well as some additional resources and a brief look into what the future holds as organizations transition from the cloud to serverless architectures.
- What is DevOps?
- Understanding DevOps core values and principles
- Choosing DevOps tools
- Creating a positive DevOps culture
- Understanding agile and lean
- Building a continuous delivery pipeline
- Building reliable systems
- Looking into the future of DevOps
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 17m Appropriate for all
1. DevOps Basics
2. DevOps: A Culture Problem
3. The Building Blocks of DevOps
4. Infrastructure Automation
5. Continuous Delivery
6. Reliability Engineering
7. Additional DevOps Resources
8. The Future of DevOps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.