Build trust and respect and eliminate blame and hostility in your teams.
- Collaboration is the grease that makes gears…of Dev Ops turn.…- We talk about culture and sharing,…but how do you make it happen?…How can you build trust and respect…and eliminate blame and hostility…so that people feel safe to work together…and to take chances to innovate.…So first, not everyone has good social skills.…Some people are introverts or have other challenges…dealing with people.…I personally went from painfully introverted…as a young man,…to a belligerent engineer in my early career,…before I realized how important these skills are…and I put some work into building them.…
Here's a set of books you might find helpful…if you find it challenging to have friendly,…successful interactions with other people.…- Beyond that, the single biggest impediment…to trust in an organization boils down to misunderstanding…due to lack of context or conflicting goals.…It's very rare someone is acting out of malice.…Most people are honestly trying to do a good job…in the way that they think that is best…given the constraints that they perceive.…
In this course, well-known DevOps practitioners Ernest Mueller and James Wickett provide an overview of the DevOps movement, focusing on the core value of CAMS (culture, automation, measurement, and sharing). They cover the various methodologies and tools an organization can adopt to transition into DevOps, looking at both agile and lean project management principles and how old-school principles like ITIL, ITSM, and SDLC fit within DevOps.
The course concludes with a discussion of the three main tenants of DevOps—infrastructure automation, continuous delivery, and reliability engineering—as well as some additional resources and a brief look into what the future holds as organizations transition from the cloud to serverless architectures.
- What is DevOps?
- Understanding DevOps core values and principles
- Choosing DevOps tools
- Creating a positive DevOps culture
- Understanding agile and lean
- Building a continuous delivery pipeline
- Building reliable systems
- Looking into the future of DevOps
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
1. DevOps Basics
2. DevOps: A Culture Problem
3. The Building Blocks of DevOps
4. Infrastructure Automation
5. Continuous Delivery
6. Reliability Engineering
7. Additional DevOps Resources
8. The Future of DevOps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.