DevOps extends agile principles to include deployment and operations.
(light music)…- In this chapter, we want to talk to you about…some major concepts that are related to Dev Ops.…Agile, lean, and itope.…This video is abut Agile and it's relevance to Dev Ops.…Patrick Dubois and Andrew Clayshafer were…at the Agile 2008 Conference in Toronto.…At the conference Andrew proposed a birds of the feather…session on Agile infrastructure.…Patrick was the only person to show up.…- After they talked Andrew…presented on Agile infrastructure…at Velocity Conference the very next year.…
- Then later in 2009, Patrick…started a new, small open spaces base conference…in his hometown of Ghent, Belgium.…He called the conference Dev Ops Days,…effectively coining the term Dev Ops…and starting the Dev Ops movement.…- I heard about it in January of 2010…at an event called Ops Camp in Austin…that John Willis and Damon Edwards were running.…Everyone was talking about this new thing called Dev Ops.…- Since the history of Dev Ops is rooted in Agile…let's talk about it quite a bit.…- You might be familiar with Agile already.…
In this course, well-known DevOps practitioners Ernest Mueller and James Wickett provide an overview of the DevOps movement, focusing on the core value of CAMS (culture, automation, measurement, and sharing). They cover the various methodologies and tools an organization can adopt to transition into DevOps, looking at both agile and lean project management principles and how old-school principles like ITIL, ITSM, and SDLC fit within DevOps.
The course concludes with a discussion of the three main tenants of DevOps—infrastructure automation, continuous delivery, and reliability engineering—as well as some additional resources and a brief look into what the future holds as organizations transition from the cloud to serverless architectures.
- What is DevOps?
- Understanding DevOps core values and principles
- Choosing DevOps tools
- Creating a positive DevOps culture
- Understanding agile and lean
- Building a continuous delivery pipeline
- Building reliable systems
- Looking into the future of DevOps
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Principleswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
1. DevOps Basics
2. DevOps: A Culture Problem
3. The Building Blocks of DevOps
4. Infrastructure Automation
5. Continuous Delivery
6. Reliability Engineering
7. Additional DevOps Resources
8. The Future of DevOps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.