In this course, well-known DevOps practitioners Ernest Mueller and James Wickett provide an overview of the DevOps movement, focusing on the core value of CAMS (culture, automation, measurement, and sharing). They cover the various methodologies and tools an organization can adopt to transition into DevOps, looking at both agile and lean project management principles and how old-school principles like ITIL, ITSM, and SDLC fit within DevOps.
The course concludes with a discussion of the three main tenants of DevOps—infrastructure automation, continuous delivery, and reliability engineering—as well as some additional resources and a brief look into what the future holds as organizations transition from the cloud to serverless architectures.
- What is DevOps?
- Understanding DevOps core values and principles
- Choosing DevOps tools
- Creating a positive DevOps culture
- Understanding agile and lean
- Building a continuous delivery pipeline
- Building reliable systems
- Looking into the future of DevOps
Skill Level Beginner
- Howdy, I'm James Wickett. - And I'm Ernest Mueller. Welcome to DevOps Fundamentals. - In this course, we're going to introduce you to DevOps. - James and I first met while implementing DevOps in a large enterprise, and we've run the DevOpsDays Austin conference together for the last five years. - We think anyone who's had to work brutal on-call shifts or huge, painful software releases can appreciate the real, tangible benefits of DevOps. DevOps can help you whether you're a developer or a system administrator, or something in between. - [Ernest] In this course, we're going to talk to you about the culture you need to succeed at DevOps.
- [James] Then, we'll talk about infrastructure automation, continuous delivery, and reliability engineering. - [Ernest] You'll learn not only about their concepts, but also common tools and practices used in their implementation. - [James] We'll also cover the emerging areas, including the move from cloud to containers, to serverless architectures. - [Ernest] And the conjunction of DevOps and information security. Now, let's get started with DevOps Fundamentals.
Agile Project Management Principleswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
1. DevOps Basics
2. DevOps: A Culture Problem
3. The Building Blocks of DevOps
4. Infrastructure Automation
5. Continuous Delivery
6. Reliability Engineering
7. Additional DevOps Resources
8. The Future of DevOps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.