Profound changes to our computing model have arrived to challenge many of our established practices.
(light ambient music)…- In this video we wanted to talk…about some of the emerging areas…that are challenging even established DevOps practices.…- Of course, established DevOps practices have only…been getting defined within the last couple of years.…Get used to change.…- It has changed pretty quick.…You know, cloud computing emerged only in 2006,…when Amazon launched its first public cloud.…Since then it's grown into a leading option…to host all of your computing needs.…- [Man On Right] Cloud is built on earlier virtualization…technology made more profoundly self-service.…
- [Man On Left] A public cloud is a cloud that someone else…builds and operates, a private cloud is one you build out…and host in your own corporate data center.…- [Man On Right] Hybrid cloud is the common practice…of using some mix of these.…- According to RightScale's 2006 State of the Cloud report,…95% of companies are using the cloud for insfrastructure…or for platforms of service in some way.…89% are using some kind of public cloud,…and 77% are using some kind of private cloud.…
In this course, well-known DevOps practitioners Ernest Mueller and James Wickett provide an overview of the DevOps movement, focusing on the core value of CAMS (culture, automation, measurement, and sharing). They cover the various methodologies and tools an organization can adopt to transition into DevOps, looking at both agile and lean project management principles and how old-school principles like ITIL, ITSM, and SDLC fit within DevOps.
The course concludes with a discussion of the three main tenants of DevOps—infrastructure automation, continuous delivery, and reliability engineering—as well as some additional resources and a brief look into what the future holds as organizations transition from the cloud to serverless architectures.
- What is DevOps?
- Understanding DevOps core values and principles
- Choosing DevOps tools
- Creating a positive DevOps culture
- Understanding agile and lean
- Building a continuous delivery pipeline
- Building reliable systems
- Looking into the future of DevOps
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Principleswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
1. DevOps Basics
2. DevOps: A Culture Problem
3. The Building Blocks of DevOps
4. Infrastructure Automation
5. Continuous Delivery
6. Reliability Engineering
7. Additional DevOps Resources
8. The Future of DevOps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.