Get tactical, pragmatic tips for DevOps success in your organization.
- Welcome back to the top 10 devops practices.…- Let's pick up with practice number 5, the cloud.…The devops love of automation…and desire for infrastructure's code…has met a really powerful ally in the cloud.…The most compelling reason to use cloud technologies,…it's not cost optimization,…it's that cloud solutions give you…an entirely API driven way to create…and control infrastructure.…- This allows you to treat your systems infrastructure…exactly as if it were any other program component.…As soon as you can conceive of a new deployment strategy…or disaster recovery plan or the like,…you can try it out without waiting on anyone.…
The cloud approach to infrastructure can make your…other devops changes move along at high velocity.…- Alright let's move on to practice number 4, Andon Cords.…Frequently in a devops environment you're releasing quickly.…Ideally, you have automated testing…that catches most issues,…but tests aren't perfect.…- Enter the Andon Cord.…This is an innovation originally used…by Toyota on its production line.…
In this course, well-known DevOps practitioners Ernest Mueller and James Wickett provide an overview of the DevOps movement, focusing on the core value of CAMS (culture, automation, measurement, and sharing). They cover the various methodologies and tools an organization can adopt to transition into DevOps, looking at both agile and lean project management principles and how old-school principles like ITIL, ITSM, and SDLC fit within DevOps.
The course concludes with a discussion of the three main tenants of DevOps—infrastructure automation, continuous delivery, and reliability engineering—as well as some additional resources and a brief look into what the future holds as organizations transition from the cloud to serverless architectures.
- What is DevOps?
- Understanding DevOps core values and principles
- Choosing DevOps tools
- Creating a positive DevOps culture
- Understanding agile and lean
- Building a continuous delivery pipeline
- Building reliable systems
- Looking into the future of DevOps
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
1. DevOps Basics
2. DevOps: A Culture Problem
3. The Building Blocks of DevOps
4. Infrastructure Automation
5. Continuous Delivery
6. Reliability Engineering
7. Additional DevOps Resources
8. The Future of DevOps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.