Get tactical, pragmatic tips for DevOps success in your organization.
- There are many specific practices…that individuals and organizations have found…to help their devOps. Journey.…None of them are universally good…or required to do DevOps,…but here are 10 that we've both seen used…and they should at least get you thinking.…- [Narrator] Let's do this Letterman style.…Practice number 10,…incident command system.…Bad things happen to our services.…In IT, we call these things incidents.…There's a lot of old school…incident management processes…that seem to only apply to really large scale incidents.…But we've learned, in real life,…that it's full of a mix of small incidents…with only an occasional large one.…
- One of my favorite presentations…I ever saw at a conference,…was Brent Chapman's Incident Command for IT,…What We Can Learn From the Fire Department.…It explained how incident command works in the real world…for emergency services,…and explained how the same process…can work for IT, for incidents both small and large.…I've use ICS for incident response…in a variety of shops to good effect.…
In this course, well-known DevOps practitioners Ernest Mueller and James Wickett provide an overview of the DevOps movement, focusing on the core value of CAMS (culture, automation, measurement, and sharing). They cover the various methodologies and tools an organization can adopt to transition into DevOps, looking at both agile and lean project management principles and how old-school principles like ITIL, ITSM, and SDLC fit within DevOps.
The course concludes with a discussion of the three main tenants of DevOps—infrastructure automation, continuous delivery, and reliability engineering—as well as some additional resources and a brief look into what the future holds as organizations transition from the cloud to serverless architectures.
- What is DevOps?
- Understanding DevOps core values and principles
- Choosing DevOps tools
- Creating a positive DevOps culture
- Understanding agile and lean
- Building a continuous delivery pipeline
- Building reliable systems
- Looking into the future of DevOps
Skill Level Beginner
1. DevOps Basics
2. DevOps: A Culture Problem
3. The Building Blocks of DevOps
4. Infrastructure Automation
5. Continuous Delivery
6. Reliability Engineering
7. Additional DevOps Resources
8. The Future of DevOps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.