Join Pablo Colapinto for an in-depth discussion in this video Combining lighting and textures, part of Learning OpenGL.
- [Voiceover] Let's see if we can send…all the vertex attributes over to the shader…that we've discussed so far.…This includes position, normal, color, and texture.…We're going to make a cube,…that spins, with lighting, and texture.…Let's get started.…Our shader code now has four attributes to it:…a vec four for position, a vec three for normal,…a vec four for color, and a vec two texture coordinate.…We also have a projection view model and normal matrices.…
We have some varying data…that we'd like to send on to the fragment shader.…Namely, the texture coordinate…and also a floating point value for the diffuse quotient.…We're going to use this diffuse float…to adjust our texture color in our fragment shader.…Here when we call due color,…instead of creating a color there,…we're just returning a floating point value.…We use that floating point value here…to weigh the color value of the texture.…We just want to weigh the RGB value not the alpha value.…
We can create a vec four by looking up the texture,…getting its RGB value, multiplying that…
- What is OpenGL?
- Setting up an OpenGL workflow
- Creating a window with GLFW
- Working with geometric primitives
- Rotating, translating, and scaling
- Understanding matrix transformations
- Creating mesh data structures
- Buffering mesh data
- Getting mouse and keyboard input
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Why am I getting errors saying I don’t have GLEW installed when I try to create the Xcode projects with Cmake?
1) Download, Install, and Run Xcode
ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/go/install)"
brew install glew
./bootstrap && make && make install
brew install cmake
cd Exercise Filesmkdir xcodecd xcodecmake -G "Xcode" ..