Join Pablo Colapinto for an in-depth discussion in this video Cleaning up the code: Making an app struct, part of Learning OpenGL.
- In the lessons that follow, we include GLFW app dot hpp.…This encapsulates much of the context creation…and window management that we've been discussing.…Helps us to reduce clutter and clean up our code.…Let's take a look under the hood at what's going on.…If we drag in our include folder in our…example files folder, into our Xcode project.…We'll talk about these other hpp files later on,…let's take a look at GLFW app dot hpp.…
GLFW app dot hpp itself includes GLFW window…dot hpp, we'll look at that in a second.…The app includes a window and a way to access…the window and when we create the app it calls GLFW in it…for us, creates a window passing itself as an argument,…we get to that later on in the course.…Initializes glue.…And enables a few defaults.…The two defaults to notice here are defaults that you're…gonna wanna use when you're learning open GL.…
The first is GL enable GL depth test.…This will help us make sure that things that…are behind other things, in space,…will be excluded by them, so we won't see them.…
- What is OpenGL?
- Setting up an OpenGL workflow
- Creating a window with GLFW
- Working with geometric primitives
- Rotating, translating, and scaling
- Understanding matrix transformations
- Creating mesh data structures
- Buffering mesh data
- Getting mouse and keyboard input
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Why am I getting errors saying I don’t have GLEW installed when I try to create the Xcode projects with Cmake?
1) Download, Install, and Run Xcode
ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/go/install)"
brew install glew
./bootstrap && make && make install
brew install cmake
cd Exercise Filesmkdir xcodecd xcodecmake -G "Xcode" ..