- [Gabriel] The exercise files for this course are 100% free and available online to everyone. Now, the first thing you need to do, of course, is sign up for an Onshape account, log into your account, and you should see a dashboard that looks a lot like this one. Now, notice we have a public folder here on the left-hand side. Go ahead and click on that, and as you can see, these are all the public files in the world that are shared on Onshape. And all you need to do is look, or search for, My Documents. Go ahead and type in L-Y-N-D-A, and go ahead and search this for Lynda.
Notice some of them are made by me, and some of them are made by other people. So, make sure you choose the correct one. Notice I have this one called LyndaSkateBoard, and I also have this one called LyndaSkateBoard - StartFile. So I've been working in this one here called LyndaSkateBoard throughout the course, and we have a whole bunch of different files in there, in various stages as we went through the course. Now, if you want a fresh file with only the basic parts for the skateboard, go ahead and chose this LyndaSkateBoard-Start File. I also have the file LyndaOnshape-2.6 and then 2.7 through 2.11, which you can download and use those, but you really down need any of these.
You can start from the beginning on pretty much everything and just kinda work through the course as you're designing the models. But I would definitely recommend trying at least to download this LyndaSkateBoard file, or the Start File. Come over here on the right hand side, click on it and say copy workspace. That'll bring it into your account, and then you can open and play with the file as needed. So those are basically the only files you need to download and work in this course. Make sure you download the right files, and make sure they're designed and build by me, Gabriel Corbett, and you should be good to go throughout this course.
- Modeling parts and working with Part Studios
- Creating sketches
- Building revolved and extruded features
- Trimming and extending sketch objects
- Creating offset geometry and holes
- Building assembles
- Importing parts
- Creating part and assembly drawings