- [Instructor] In this movie,…I'm gonna be showing you how to create this baseplate.…So the first thing I wanna do…is go ahead and create a brand new part.…So click over here and say create part studio.…And I'm gonna call this baseplate number two,…so go ahead down here to where it says parts studio one,…right click and say rename,…and I'm gonna call it BasePlate2.…Great.…Now choose the right plane and start a sketch.…
And I'm gonna choose that right face.…I'm looking straight at it.…I'm gonna right click over here.…I'm gonna say hide all planes,…and make sure I'm sure looking directly at the right plane.…All right, start with the line command,…and let's make a line going directly up,…come over here at an angle,…come down at this angle over here,…back up over here,…back to that corner and back here,…and then I'll link back to the beginning.…So this is not arbitrary obviously.…I've done this in the past.…I'm just kinda walking you through how to create the part,…and some of the thinking that's gonna go on…behind the scenes to create this baseplate.…
- Modeling parts and working with Part Studios
- Creating sketches
- Building revolved and extruded features
- Trimming and extending sketch objects
- Creating offset geometry and holes
- Building assembles
- Importing parts
- Creating part and assembly drawings
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Onshape
2. Basic Part Modeling
3. Modeling Parts
4. Part and Assembly Drawings
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.