Learn power tips that can help you become more efficient with OneNote, the popular note-taking app from Microsoft.
- [Heather Voiceover] OneNote is a digital note taking tool to help you capture ideas, document meeting action items, track project tasks, collaborate with others in a shared space, and much more. Hi. My name is Heather Severino, and I've been helping business professionals and educators learn how to be productive in the modern workplace for a little over 20 years now. I'm certified in many Microsoft technologies, including OneNote. I'm a Microsoft certified trainer, regional lead, for the United States, and a Microsoft valued professional for the OneNote technology.
In this course, I'll cover the top 10 power shortcuts. Setting up and organizing your notebooks. Taking better notes. Improving the look of your notes. And, importing content from other apps. I'll also cover some of my go to pro tips. Like creating a table with a keyboard shortcut. Converting hand written notes to typed text. Password protecting sections. And sharing notes in a Skype for business meeting.
We have a lot to cover, so let's get started.
- Using shortcuts
- Customizing the canvas view
- Merging content containers to consolidate ideas
- Password protecting notebook sections
- Taking meeting notes directly in an Outlook meeting
- Converting handwritten text to typed text
- Converting hand-drawn shapes to polished symmetrical shapes
- Importing content from other apps
- Sharing notes in a Skype for Business meeting
- Marking up web pages and saving to a notebook