OneNote tags help to categorize and mark information on pages. Learn how to apply and remove built-in tags. This online video guides viewers through modifying existing tags plus creating custom tags to best reflect business workflows. Tags also add to the search capabilities of OneNote 2010. Learn to create a Summary page for tags providing quick clickable links to all tagged information.
- [Instructor] In this video,…let's take a look at another great feature in OneNote…to help us categorize and then find information…in our OneNote notebook, namely tags.…We'll work with how to apply…the built-in tags that come with OneNote…as well as create our own custom tags.…We'll use the powerful search for tag feature…and also create a tag summary page.…In this video, I'm still working…with our Landon Hotel notebook,…and let's take a look at adding some tags.…
I'm going to go back to my…Quarterly Retreat Planning section,…and I need to add a couple of things to my information.…So, I want to add a quick note for myself,…and I want to remind myself to take care of this.…So, I'm going to add the To Do tag.…On my Home ribbon is the list of all of my tags.…You'll notice my first tag, the To Do tag,…has Control + 1 as a keyboard shortcut.…My second tag in the list is Control + 2.…
My third tag is Control + 3.…I want to use the To Do tag,…so I'll simply select it,…and I've now tagged my text with the To Do tag.…Let's go back to our About Landon Hotel section,…
Julie begins with an overview of the certification program and the exam preparation process, and then walks you through all of the certification objectives. Get hands-on experience with downloadable practice files and take the challenges exercises to practice for the exam. It also provides a review of each challenge to give you a chance to see where you may need more focus in preparation for the exam.
- Creating a OneNote notebook
- Managing the OneNote environment
- Creating links within OneNote
- Managing OneNote history and backups
- Collaborating in OneNote
- Working with OneDrive
- Sharing notebooks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of the Microsoft Office Specialist OneNote Exam (77-853)
2. Getting Started with OneNote
3. Managing the OneNote Environment
5. Collaboration in OneNote 2010
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.