In this video, we review options for organizing content. We add colors to sections to provide visual grouping and organization. We then walk through the exam objective of creating section groups and moving sections into the new section groups. The video also covers creating subpages using the Make Subpage command, dragging to create subpages, as well as creating new subpages from the shortcut menu.
- [Instructor] In this video we'll continue on…with our exploration of the exam objectives…for the OneNote 2010 MOS exam.…We'll be looking at organizing content,…so adding colors to your sections…to help you visually organize similar information,…creating section groups,…and organizing your pages by creating subpages.…I'm still using my OneNote notebook…that I had created earlier…and I'd like to start changing the color of my sections…to sort of indicate where our locations occur.…
My New York and my San Francisco sections are already blue,…but I think I'm going to use a red shade…for all of my hotels in North America…and blue shades for any of those hotels…that are outside North America.…I'm going to right-click on my Los Angeles section…and at the bottom of the shortcut menu…I have a Section Color.…So I'm going to go ahead and apply Red Chalk as a color.…I'll do the same with the New York section,…so right-click, Section Color, choose Red Chalk.…
And I'm going to do the same with San Francisco.…And I think I'm going to organize them…
Julie begins with an overview of the certification program and the exam preparation process, and then walks you through all of the certification objectives. Get hands-on experience with downloadable practice files and take the challenges exercises to practice for the exam. It also provides a review of each challenge to give you a chance to see where you may need more focus in preparation for the exam.
- Creating a OneNote notebook
- Managing the OneNote environment
- Creating links within OneNote
- Managing OneNote history and backups
- Collaborating in OneNote
- Working with OneDrive
- Sharing notebooks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of the Microsoft Office Specialist OneNote Exam (77-853)
2. Getting Started with OneNote
3. Managing the OneNote Environment
5. Collaboration in OneNote 2010
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.