OneNote 2010 has multiple options that allow users to customize program settings to best suit their needs. This training video leads viewers setting display options, including placement of the pages pane and navigation pane. We also review other exam objectives, such as docking Side Notes window, hiding the floating page icon, and showing all pages with rule lines Additionally, we cover working with the Full Page and Normal views.
- [Presenter] The OneNote 2010 MOS Exam objectives…include several options…that are available to you in Backstage.…In this video we'll review the different display options…that you can set and we'll also touch upon…using the Normal and the Full Page view.…We'll also work with docked windows…to see what those enable us to do.…For this video…we'll continue to use our Landon Hotels Notebook.…Let's go explore some of those display options.…
Let's go to Backstage by clicking on File,…choose Options, and click on Display.…There are several options…that are enabled by default in OneNote.…The first is the option to place the OneNote icon…in the Notifications area in Windows.…That allows you to quickly and easily add a new Side Note…or add a screen clipping.…We also worked earlier with rule lines on pages…and we demonstrated that you can select…the Create all new pages with rule lines either here…or by using the command in the View Ribbon.…
The option called Dock new Side Note windows…actually controls not only the location of the Side Note…
Julie begins with an overview of the certification program and the exam preparation process, and then walks you through all of the certification objectives. Get hands-on experience with downloadable practice files and take the challenges exercises to practice for the exam. It also provides a review of each challenge to give you a chance to see where you may need more focus in preparation for the exam.
- Creating a OneNote notebook
- Managing the OneNote environment
- Creating links within OneNote
- Managing OneNote history and backups
- Collaborating in OneNote
- Working with OneDrive
- Sharing notebooks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of the Microsoft Office Specialist OneNote Exam (77-853)
2. Getting Started with OneNote
3. Managing the OneNote Environment
5. Collaboration in OneNote 2010
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.