Search is an extremely powerful feature in OneNote 2010. This training video shows how to search within a single page, across sections, throughout a notebook, or expand the search across all OneNote notebooks. Learn the keyboard shortcuts to search a page or notebook, how to set the default search scope, and what sorting options are available in the Search pane.
- [Julie] In this video, we'll take a look at the powerful…search features that are within OneNote 2010.…We will look at searching a page, expanding your search…beyond the page, using the search results pane,…and changing the default search scope.…In this video, we're still working with our Landon Hotel…OneNote notebook.…So, let's go on to the About Landon Hotel section,…and let's select the Our History page.…
I'm just going to close my tag summary that I have left open…from before, and let's take a look at how quickly and easily…you can search for text on a page.…You may notice in the search bar up here on the right,…it says Search All Notebooks (Ctrl + E),…but if I remember that the keyboard shortcut of Ctrl + F…let's me search only on this page.…So, I'm going to type in my text, Landon, and you'll notice,…as I type, text is being highlighted on my page.…
If I look back to where I was typing in my text,…I also get to see how many instances of the word Landon…appear on this page.…I can use the F3 key on my keyboard, and actually cycle…
Julie begins with an overview of the certification program and the exam preparation process, and then walks you through all of the certification objectives. Get hands-on experience with downloadable practice files and take the challenges exercises to practice for the exam. It also provides a review of each challenge to give you a chance to see where you may need more focus in preparation for the exam.
- Creating a OneNote notebook
- Managing the OneNote environment
- Creating links within OneNote
- Managing OneNote history and backups
- Collaborating in OneNote
- Working with OneDrive
- Sharing notebooks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of the Microsoft Office Specialist OneNote Exam (77-853)
2. Getting Started with OneNote
3. Managing the OneNote Environment
5. Collaboration in OneNote 2010
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.