Learn how to secure visibility to notes in a section by applying password protection.
- [Narrator] A notebook may contain private information.…Like intellectual property, nondisclosure type information,…financials and more.…If the notebook is shared with the group,…password protecting sections can be done to prevent…those without the password from viewing the names of the…pages or the content within those pages.…Since all the notebooks that your work with in OneNote…for Windows 10, are saved in OneDrive.…You will need to be connected to the internet,…to setup password protected sections…and to manage any changes to these.…Start by locating the section that you would…like to password protect.…
Here you will see the finance section,…contains a few pages of revenue data,…annual expenses, and occupancy data.…You'll also see there are some attached files within these.…And we want to prevent those that don't know the password…from getting to that's information.…So we'll start with the section name,…we'll right click over that area,…and then go to password protection.…Select this to expand the menu,…and you'll see that we have, Add Password as a choice.…
- Creating, opening, and sharing notebooks
- Syncing notebook content
- Creating sections and pages
- Formatting notes and lists
- Recording audio and handwritten notes
- Embedding video and documents
- Searching for notes
- Printing and translating notes
Skill Level Beginner
Launch OneNote1m 41s
1. Set Up and Organize Your Notebooks
2. Working with Sections
3. Working with Pages
4. Formatting Typed Notes and Lists
5. Creating Audio, Handwritten, and Other Types of Notes
6. Importing Content from Other Apps
Embed videos1m 11s
7. Managing and Searching Notebooks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.