Before learning about the features and functions of OneNote Class Notebooks, take a tour and see the creation of a class notebook. Check out the different sections and get a feel for the look and layout of class notebooks.
- [Instructor] Before we begin this course I want to give you a quick preview of what it is we'll be creating. In this video I'll navigate through a OneNote class notebook that I've already started to create. This'll be the notebook that we create during this course and hopefully this video gives you an idea of what it is that we're creating. Right now I'm inside of my Biology 101 class notebook. This is a notebook that when I create in here I share with my students. On the left hand side, I'm going to open this up a little bit and expand that left panel.
Up here I can access any of the notebooks I have. I always have the ability to add sections and pages to my notebook and here I have some different sections already created. We have a collaboration space in which students and teachers can both collaborate. If I expand this, you can see here we have resources, opportunities, and a genetics project that we began to set up so that people could work together in groups. I'll minimize this and next we have the content library. This is the meat and potatoes of the notebook and here I have different sections one for announcements.
Here I created one to show my class syllabus for Biology 101. We have a section called Genetics that we have some resources in as well as the section with assignments that is inside of it. Now if I minimize this below this you'll see four different names, Cedric, David, Jake, and Stacey. These are students that are in my class so as the instructor I also have the ability to see my students' notebooks. I can open this up and access the different sections of their notebooks. The students will be able to see their own notebook as well as the collaboration space and content library but they won't be able to see other students' notebooks.
That's a quick preview of a OneNote class notebook. If this looks like something that you'd like to create you're in the right place.
- Using OneNote
- Adding Class Notebooks
- Creating a new notebook
- Adding and removing students and teachers
- Managing notebooks
- Adding content
- Using the Web Clipper extension
- Creating content
- Using the collaboration space
- Syncing notebooks to the OneNote desktop app
- Adding, viewing, and grading assignments