Notes that have already been created in one notebook might also be useful in another notebook. In this video, learn how to move or copy a page from one notebook to another notebook.
- [Narrator] As you work on multiple projects, or with other colleagues, you may find that notes you already have in one notebook may be useful in another notebook. I'm going to show you how you can quickly move or copy sections, or even individual pages from one notebook to another. Let's get started by locating where you'll find this command. If you want to move a section from one notebook to another, we'll right-click over that section, and then select Move or Copy from the menu. Well pages, they work in the same way. If we'd like to move this Bohemian Landon page from the My Notebook to another notebook, we'll do the same thing, we can right-click over that menu and then select Move or Copy.
If you're a keyboard aficionado, you can also use the keyboard shortcut control, alt, and M keys together. From the Move or Copy Pages menu, we can see a listing of Recent picks, places that you've recently been working in, and then a listing of all the notebooks that are currently open within OneNote. Now, we're working in the My Notebook, and right now we're working in the Landon Hotel section, but if I'd like to take this Bohemian Landon page and move it to the Landon Hotel Marketing Plan, I'll start by clicking on the plus sign to the let of the name of this notebook.
Now, within this notebook, I'm able to see all of the sections within the notebook. I'd like to place this in the Europe section, so we'll go ahead and left-click on Europe. Finally, we need to choose, are we actually moving this from one notebook to another or do we simply want to keep it in place within My Notebook and make a duplicate, a copy of that, and place that into the Landon Hotel Marketing Plan notebook within the Europe section? For this scenario, we're going to go ahead and select Copy. Now, we'll go ahead and switch over to the other notebook that we placed this in.
We're going to do that by clicking on the left down arrow where we see the title of the notebook. We're going to move to the Landon Hotel Marketing Plan by clicking over this area, and within the Europe section, we can now see a new page here called Bohemian Landon. That's the page that we just copied from one notebook to the other. Now, you know how to move and copy sections and pages to another notebook. What will you move next?
- Using shortcuts
- Customizing the canvas view
- Merging content containers to consolidate ideas
- Password protecting notebook sections
- Taking meeting notes directly in an Outlook meeting
- Converting handwritten text to typed text
- Converting hand-drawn shapes to polished symmetrical shapes
- Importing content from other apps
- Sharing notes in a Skype for Business meeting
- Marking up web pages and saving to a notebook