Learn about keyboard shortcuts available to help you work more efficiently in OneNote for Windows 10. Also, learn about some of the official OneNote online resources to stay up to date with the latest features, suggest ideas for new features, and follow OneNote on Twitter.
- [Narrator] I'm always looking for new shortcuts,…tips and tricks that can help me…with my note taking in OneNote.…I have some of my go-tos here…that I'd like to share with you.…The first is the support.office.com page.…This is a keyboard shortcuts list…that is specific to OneNote for Windows 10…but this website also includes many other keyboard shortcuts…for all sorts of Office applications…and the various versions that they have.…As we scroll through this list you'll see that…it starts with the more popular ones,…the frequently used shortcuts,…like putting the focus on the current section,…control + shift + G.…
And, as we continue down, there's additional categories,…navigation keyboard shortcuts,…like jumping between the tab bar navigation page…and the page canvas with the function six key.…Then we continue on down, taking and formatting notes,…undoing the last action, selecting all the items.…Some of these will be familiar to you…because they are the same keyboard shortcuts that you…may be using in other Microsoft Office applications.…
- Creating, opening, and sharing notebooks
- Syncing notebook content
- Creating sections and pages
- Formatting notes and lists
- Recording audio and handwritten notes
- Embedding video and documents
- Searching for notes
- Printing and translating notes
Skill Level Beginner
Launch OneNote1m 41s
1. Set Up and Organize Your Notebooks
2. Working with Sections
3. Working with Pages
4. Formatting Typed Notes and Lists
5. Creating Audio, Handwritten, and Other Types of Notes
6. Importing Content from Other Apps
Embed videos1m 11s
7. Managing and Searching Notebooks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.