Learn how to embed Word documents, Excel workbooks, PowerPoint presentations, and PDFs in a notebook page.
- [Instructor] Many types of files can be inserted…in a notebook page including Excel workbooks,…PowerPoint presentations, Word documents and PDF.…Let's start by going to the Insert ribbon,…then selecting File.…Then select the location of the file…and click Open.…The file is embedded within a container.…By double clicking on this it will open…in the Desktop application that the file is associated with.…In this case it would open in Excel.…
To manage this document,…right click over the file and make a selection.…The process to insert a PDF is very similar.…From the Insert tab ribbon,…instead of selecting File select PDF.…That's how you can include documents…with your project notes, meeting notes,…or any other type of notes.…
- Creating, opening, and sharing notebooks
- Syncing notebook content
- Creating sections and pages
- Formatting notes and lists
- Recording audio and handwritten notes
- Embedding video and documents
- Searching for notes
- Printing and translating notes
Skill Level Beginner
Launch OneNote1m 41s
1. Set Up and Organize Your Notebooks
2. Working with Sections
3. Working with Pages
4. Formatting Typed Notes and Lists
5. Creating Audio, Handwritten, and Other Types of Notes
6. Importing Content from Other Apps
Embed videos1m 11s
7. Managing and Searching Notebooks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.