Learn how to create a notebook stored in OneDrive for Business.
- [Instructor] To create a new notebook, go to the lower left corner and select the Plus Notebook command. In the New Notebook menu, enter the name of the notebook then select Create Notebook. The new notebook appears in the notebook listing on the left side of the application. Next, let's go to OneDrive for Business and locate the notebook that was just created. We'll navigate to the Microsoft Edge browser, and I'm logged into Office 365 already so we're viewing the homepage.
As I scroll down in the Recent area, this is where you'll see recently created documents. And if we refresh this page, we should see the notebook that was just created listed in this area. And there it is, in addition to some other notebooks that were created. Now let's navigate to OneDrive for Business and take a look at the document library. Here is the projects notebook that we just created. Now notebooks can be created directly from OneDrive for Business by going to the New menu and then selecting OneNote Notebook.
When notebooks are accessed from here, they will open in OneNote Online. It's really a matter of where you're working and when you need to create a new notebook and how you go about that. If you're already working in the OneNote for Windows 10 app, now you know how to quickly create a new notebook from there and how to access it from OneDrive for Business, as well.
- Creating, opening, and sharing notebooks
- Syncing notebook content
- Creating sections and pages
- Formatting notes and lists
- Recording audio and handwritten notes
- Embedding video and documents
- Searching for notes
- Printing and translating notes
Skill Level Beginner
Launch OneNote1m 41s
1. Set Up and Organize Your Notebooks
2. Working with Sections
3. Working with Pages
4. Formatting Typed Notes and Lists
5. Creating Audio, Handwritten, and Other Types of Notes
6. Importing Content from Other Apps
Embed videos1m 11s
7. Managing and Searching Notebooks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.