OneNote 2010 is a popular and powerful electronic note-taking program. OneNote users can quickly create notebooks to begin capturing important information. This video jump-starts exploration of OneNote 2010 by creating a local notebook in support of the MOS exam (77-853) objective. We also briefly explore the default notebook automatically created when OneNote 2010 is opened for the first time.
- [Instructor] Let's dive into our first session…in preparation for the Microsoft Office Specialist exam…for OneNote 2010.…In this video we'll create a local OneNote notebook…to start capturing our information and exploring OneNote.…When we first start OneNote it will automatically open…the most recently used notebook.…The first time you start OneNote a new notebook…is going to be created for you.…The new notebook is a great method of exploring…what OneNote can do for you.…
For our purposes we'd like to create a new notebook…and get started capturing ideas for a new project…we're working on.…Let's choose file new to start.…OneNote works a little bit differently…than some of the other Microsoft Office programs you use.…When we create a new notebook, we can't use the notebook…until we've saved and stored the file.…You can choose to store the file on the web…in OneDrive or SharePoint,…to a network location, or locally.…
If we decide to store the OneNote notebook locally,…we'll simply select computer and we see the default path…
Julie begins with an overview of the certification program and the exam preparation process, and then walks you through all of the certification objectives. Get hands-on experience with downloadable practice files and take the challenges exercises to practice for the exam. It also provides a review of each challenge to give you a chance to see where you may need more focus in preparation for the exam.
- Creating a OneNote notebook
- Managing the OneNote environment
- Creating links within OneNote
- Managing OneNote history and backups
- Collaborating in OneNote
- Working with OneDrive
- Sharing notebooks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of the Microsoft Office Specialist OneNote Exam (77-853)
2. Getting Started with OneNote
3. Managing the OneNote Environment
5. Collaboration in OneNote 2010
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.