Learn how to use Format Painter to copy the look of a note to another note.
- [Instructor] Typed notes in a notebook page…have the same markdown formatting available…as it is in other document types, like Microsoft Word,…PowerPoint, WordPad, and Notepad.…If you have text that has font formatting applied…that you want to reuse, start by selecting the text.…Let's select 25 percent discount.…Next, let's go to the home ribbon…and locate format painter, it's what looks…like a paintbrush.…By selecting this, you're activating this tool.…
Notice how my mouse cursor as I bring it over the page…now has a paintbrush next to it.…This is like dipping a paintbrush in a paint can.…You're picking up all the properties…of that exact paint match, like the finish,…it could be glossy, satin, or flat finish,…and the exact color of the paint,…as well as other unique attributes.…We've done that, we've picked up the formatting…that we want from this text.…Next let's go to the area where we would…like to apply the formatting and select it,…so we'll go to the date here that you see,…March 31, 2019, release the cursor,…
- Creating, opening, and sharing notebooks
- Syncing notebook content
- Creating sections and pages
- Formatting notes and lists
- Recording audio and handwritten notes
- Embedding video and documents
- Searching for notes
- Printing and translating notes
Skill Level Beginner
Launch OneNote1m 41s
1. Set Up and Organize Your Notebooks
2. Working with Sections
3. Working with Pages
4. Formatting Typed Notes and Lists
5. Creating Audio, Handwritten, and Other Types of Notes
6. Importing Content from Other Apps
Embed videos1m 11s
7. Managing and Searching Notebooks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.