Learn how to add or remove space within note containers.
- [Instructor] If you have a lot of notes on a page,…and need to make room for additional notes…to be placed in between, you can do this…with the Insert or Delete Extra Space tool.…Just as the name of the tool conveys,…you can also use this to remove extra space…between notes.…Let's see how it works.…Start with the area in view where…you would like to add or remove space.…Then, go to the Draw ribbon and locate…Insert or Remove Extra Space.…It looks like a double-headed arrow…with ruled lines in between.…
Select this command and you'll notice that…the mouse cursor turns into…a line and an arrow indicating which way,…with a left click and a drag movement…that it's going to insert or remove that space.…I'm going to go ahead and bring the mouse cursor over here…and you'll notice that I can, from the left side…of the page or the container, insert page…working in a vertical space.…If I move into the page, notice how…it then changes to working in a vertical manner.…
I'd like to add some additional space…after the last bullet list item…
- Creating, opening, and sharing notebooks
- Syncing notebook content
- Creating sections and pages
- Formatting notes and lists
- Recording audio and handwritten notes
- Embedding video and documents
- Searching for notes
- Printing and translating notes
Skill Level Beginner
Launch OneNote1m 41s
1. Set Up and Organize Your Notebooks
2. Working with Sections
3. Working with Pages
4. Formatting Typed Notes and Lists
5. Creating Audio, Handwritten, and Other Types of Notes
6. Importing Content from Other Apps
Embed videos1m 11s
7. Managing and Searching Notebooks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.