Learn how to add sections and grouped sections to a notebook in OneNote in this video.
- [Instructor] Similar types of notes can … be easily organized with sections … and grouped sections. … To create a new section in a notebook, … select the plus sign. … A new section appears with the name … new section 1. … While this name is highlighted, … type a new name and then press enter. … To create a grouped section, right-click … over any empty space near the sections … and then select new section group, … or over an existing section, right-click, … and select new section group from here. … The new section group appears while the name … of this section group is highlighted, … go ahead and type to replace the name of this, … then press enter. … To move sections into a grouped section, … hover the mouse over the section, … left-click and hold, and drag to the grouped … section and release. … This section has been placed … in the grouped section. … To navigate back out of the grouped section, … select the green arrow to the left … of the sections. … Now that you know how to create sections, …
- Creating notebooks in Teams, OneDrive, and SharePoint Online
- Password protecting a notebook
- Creating pages from templates
- Handwriting notes in OneNote
- Taking speech-to-text notes
- Creating a notebook in the Windows 10 app
- Sharing a notebook
- Moving a local notebook to a SharePoint document library
Skill Level Beginner
1. Managing Cloud-Based Notebooks
2. OneNote 2016
3. OneNote for Windows
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.