Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Signing in and accessing OneDrive, part of Learning OneDrive (2015).
- As I referenced earlier, there are multiple ways to access your OneDrive. In this video, let's start out by taking a look at how to get to OneDrive via your web browser, and this can be any web browser on a Mac or a PC, but again, in order to access OneDrive, you have to have a Microsoft account. I covered ways in which you might have an account in the previous video. All right, so here in my web browser, I'm going to go to OneDrive.com and that actually redirects you to OneDrive.live.com. In either case, you'll probably want to bookmark or favorite this address if you plan on using OneDrive a lot. Up here in the upper right hand corner, I have the option to Sign Up, if I need to create an account, or Sign In, to sign in with an existing Microsoft account.
Now I'm going to click Sign Up just so you can see how this looks. Here you can choose to create a OneDrive personal account, which is the option here on the left, or a OneDrive for Business account. Again, it's free to create a personal Microsoft account, which is what we're focusing on here, and as reminder here, that if you have an Outlook.com or an XBox Live account, you already have a Microsoft account, and you don't need to create a new one in that case, and can just click Sign In from here. But if you really do need to create a new account, this is where you do it. And just so you can see this, I'm going to click Create a Microsoft Account, and all you have to do here is enter your email address and come up with a password.
Note that you can use any email address you already have to create your account. It doesn't have to be a Microsoft email address; however, if you would like to create an Outlook.com account, you can click this tiny Other Options link here and then choose Outlook email, and here, come up with an email address that will be at Outlook.com. However, I already have an account, so I'm going to go back to OneDrive.live.com and I'll walk through the steps of signing in. So I'll click Sign In, I'll enter my email address. That brings me to the sign in screen where I can enter my password, and I'll click Sign In. I won't bother saving my password here.
And now I'm looking at my OneDrive account through my web browser. Now because this is the first time I've opened this account, I see a welcome message here, and I can watch a short video if I like. I'm just going to close that for now, but this is the main OneDrive screen and we'll take a look at this interface next.
- Signing in to OneDrive
- Setting up OneDrive on Mac and Windows
- Uploading files and folders
- Renaming, copying, downloading, and deleting files
- Sharing files
- Searching files
- Working with photos in OneDrive
- Working with Office Online files