Learn how to scan documents in the mobile OneDrive app.
- [Narrator] If you take photos of whiteboards, business cards, conference presentations or receipts the OneDrive mobile app can capture these documents, crop, flatten, touch up color contrast and saturation all at the same time. It saves the image as a PDF that you annotate and share with others. can annotate and share with others. With the OneDrive mobile app open, in the upper right corner, select the plus sign. Then select scan. The camera's activated and you can select the receipt or whatever it is you're scanning in. Notice the blue border that is around the receipt.
Notice the blue border that is around the receipt. Once you get this lined up this is what's going to determine this is what's going to determine how it crops and flattens the document. how it crops and flattens the document. Select the round button to the right to capture the scan. A preview displays of the receipt A preview displays of the receipt that has been flattened, cropped as well as any other color changes for readability. as well as any other color changes for readability. In the lower right corner, select the check mark to accept this scan. to accept this scan. To save as menu appears, the default save name includes a time stamp of the date and time that this was captured. of the date and time that this was captured.
If you need to, you can change the name. Once done, select save. The scan is then uploaded to the main directory of the OneDrive library. Notice how it appears at the bottom of the list. Now you know how to scan documents into OneDrive. To learn more about OneDrive, or browse our entire library of courses, visit linkedin.com/learning.
- Explain how the Files Library > New drop-down menu in OneDrive is different from desktop applications.
- Identify the information required to share a file or folder.
- Recall the location of deleted files in order to restore them.
- Recognize the benefits of using Flow when reading emails.
- Name three categories used to pare down search results in OneDrive.