With your OneDrive for Business account, you have access to use the entire suite of Office 365 online. Staff Author Jess Stratton shows you how you can create an Office document online and save it to your OneDrive. She also goes over the benefits of signing into to your Office for Work account on your desktop computer, as you can save and open files directly from OneDrive for Business.
- [Voiceover] OneDrive for Business also gives you the ability to use the Microsoft Office products online through the browser. In fact, here's an Excel document. If I click on this in OneDrive, it's going to open up Excel Online right in the browser. From here, I can edit the file as normal, save it, and it will update that Excel file. I'm going to close out of this browser tab for now. You can also create the full suite of products right from OneDrive. If I click New from the top menu bar, in addition to creating a new folder, I can also create a new Word online document, Excel online workbook, PowerPoint presentation, OneNote notebook, even an Excel survey to collect form responses online.
If I click Word document, it's going to open up Word Online in the browser. And it looks so similar to the desktop version it's hard to tell that you're not using. Even the tab layouts at the top of the screen are very similar to the desktop version. Let's go to the desktop versions of Word. In Word itself, if I sign in, I can open my documents directly from my OneDrive account online.
If I click open, I can choose to open files on this PC, but I can also choose to open files directly from OneDrive. Here I can see any Word document that I have stored on my OneDrive account. I can also create a brand new document, choose File, and save it directly to my OneDrive account without even having to leave the desktop software. Take a moment and play around with the Office online documents if you haven't already. They're designed to work beautifully for OneDrive for Business.
Up next, I'm going to show you in detail all the things that I just showed you quickly.
- Signing in to OneDrive
- Syncing OneDrive
- Working with OneDrive via the web or the client app
- Uploading files and folders
- Renaming, copying, downloading, and deleting files
- Using OneDrive with Microsoft Office
- Sharing files
- Working on files simultaneously with coworkers