Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with text, part of OmniGraffle 5: Creating Web Sitemaps and Wireframes.
Information architecture is primarily a visual mode of communications, but in no…way does that make text irrelevant.…In fact, textual content can be a really important way to convey information on these diagrams.…OmniGraffle has a robust set of text tools.…You are able to have stand-alone text elements, as well as text that is embedded…on a line, or in a shape.…Let's see how these text tools work.…I have a simple example here, for starters.…I have a nearly complete sitemap, and I just want to add a title to the top to…practice getting used to the text tools in OmniGraffle.…
Click your Text tool on the toolbar, and that activates it for a single use.…Now, click once on the canvas and start to type.…The name of this document is the Hansel & Petal Sitemap.…Hansel & Petal is the name of the flower company.…So now we have a text element. It's going a little off to the edge of the page,…but that's okay because we can select it and move it around with the regular…Selection tool, much like any other object.…
- Developing for interactive media
- Using shapes and lines for information architecture
- Working with text
- Using and customizing stencils
- Aligning, grouping, and locking objects
- Using automatic layouts for sitemaps
- Positioning content elements
- Iterating wireframes based on feedback
- Wireframing for mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using OmniGraffle for Wireframes and Sitemaps
2. Common Techniques for Wireframes and Sitemaps
3. Building a Sitemap
4. Building a Homepage Wireframe
5. Completing the Wireframing Process
6. Advanced Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.