Explores OmniGraffle, the premier visual diagramming program on the Mac platform for developing wireframes and sitemaps.
- Hi, I'm Jason Osder, and I'd like to welcome you to OmniGraffle 5, Creating Web Sitemaps and Wireframes. This course covers how to use OmniGraffle to create two fundamental information architecture diagrams. First, I'll demonstrate using shapes, lines, and stencils to create informative site maps that show you the organization of content. Then we'll use these site maps to go to the next stage of the process, where we create wireframes to diagram the layout of individual pages.
Throughout, we'll explore valuable and time-saving tools inside the OmniGraffle interface. The payoff is a clear, economical process, where key stakeholders can get on the same page with the whole development team. If you're an experienced information architect, this course will help you make the most of OmniGraffle. If you're new to interactive development, but need to communicate your ideas effectively and efficiently, you're going to love this course. As a media producer and information architect, I'm excited to share with you techniques that have helped me build this successful career.
Now, let's jump in to OmniGraffle 5, Creating Web Sitemaps and Wireframes.
- Developing for interactive media
- Using shapes and lines for information architecture
- Working with text
- Using and customizing stencils
- Aligning, grouping, and locking objects
- Using automatic layouts for sitemaps
- Positioning content elements
- Iterating wireframes based on feedback
- Wireframing for mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using OmniGraffle for Wireframes and Sitemaps
2. Common Techniques for Wireframes and Sitemaps
3. Building a Sitemap
4. Building a Homepage Wireframe
5. Completing the Wireframing Process
6. Advanced Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.