Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Using stencils, part of OmniGraffle 5: Creating Web Sitemaps and Wireframes.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Stencils are pre-built graphic sets for OmniGraffle, and they really expand…what you can do with the program, because they are available to fit so many types of diagrams.…In this movie, we are going to take a look at how the Stencil palette works,…because it really unlocks some power in this program.…I have a blank document, and I have my Stencils palette open, and I've got the…Africa stencil selected.…If you are not seeing your Stencils palette, you may have to hit the Stencils…button here to open it.…
The top part of the Stencils palette is simply where you find stencils.…The Stencils Library are the ones that ship with the program plus the ones…that you have installed.…You also have a couple views at top, and that affects how your stencil is…displayed down here in the Stencil area.…So one view mode shows all of the shapes in the stencil assembled - in this…case into the continent of Africa - and the other view mode shows each of the individual shapes.…We also have a search box, but we are going to look at that in the next movie.…
- Developing for interactive media
- Using shapes and lines for information architecture
- Working with text
- Using and customizing stencils
- Aligning, grouping, and locking objects
- Using automatic layouts for sitemaps
- Positioning content elements
- Iterating wireframes based on feedback
- Wireframing for mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using OmniGraffle for Wireframes and Sitemaps
2. Common Techniques for Wireframes and Sitemaps
3. Building a Sitemap
4. Building a Homepage Wireframe
5. Completing the Wireframing Process
6. Advanced Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.