Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Using shapes, part of OmniGraffle 5: Creating Web Sitemaps and Wireframes.
If you really want to understand how OmniGraffle differentiates itself from…drawing programs, one key to that question is shapes.…There are several kinds of objects in OmniGraffle, but shapes, in a lot of ways,…are the most fundamental.…So let's start by seeing how they really work.…Here in OmniGraffle, you see I have a document open with several shapes out on…the canvas, and I also have the shape stencil open.…We'll talk more later about finding and using stencils in detail.…
I'm using OmniGraffle Pro.…If you're using OmniGraffle Standard, your layout may look slightly different,…but you should still be able to follow along with most of the steps that I do.…As you can see from this document, shapes can in fact be all sorts of different shapes.…Once a shape is on the canvas, you can use the regular Selection tool to select…it, move it and also manipulate it using these handles.…So shapes are very flexible.…When shapes touch each other, they don't really interact with each other.…
They'll never get stuck on one another or, if you've used a program like Flash,…
- Developing for interactive media
- Using shapes and lines for information architecture
- Working with text
- Using and customizing stencils
- Aligning, grouping, and locking objects
- Using automatic layouts for sitemaps
- Positioning content elements
- Iterating wireframes based on feedback
- Wireframing for mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using OmniGraffle for Wireframes and Sitemaps
2. Common Techniques for Wireframes and Sitemaps
3. Building a Sitemap
4. Building a Homepage Wireframe
5. Completing the Wireframing Process
6. Advanced Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.