Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Using layers to organize your wireframe, part of OmniGraffle 5: Creating Web Sitemaps and Wireframes.
Like a lot of software, OmniGraffle has a Layers feature that helps us to…organize our content on the page.…In this movie, we are going to see how to apply layers to wireframing.…I'm starting here with a wireframe template.…It has my background, my logo, and my persistent navigation that have all been…defined from earlier stages.…I want to start to build on top of this an additional wireframe elements, but I…want to use layers to organize that.…
The first step is to hit the Canvases button here, which will reveal the…Canvases sidebar, which is also where we find layers.…There it is, and we see that we have only one canvas, which is sort of like a…page, with only one layer.…Because this layer already contains all of our background, I'm going to…double-click it, and I want to name the layer BG, for background.…Additionally, I want to lock the whole layer because there's really no reason…that these elements will change at all.…
I've probably locked all of the individual elements already, so maybe this…
- Developing for interactive media
- Using shapes and lines for information architecture
- Working with text
- Using and customizing stencils
- Aligning, grouping, and locking objects
- Using automatic layouts for sitemaps
- Positioning content elements
- Iterating wireframes based on feedback
- Wireframing for mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using OmniGraffle for Wireframes and Sitemaps
2. Common Techniques for Wireframes and Sitemaps
3. Building a Sitemap
4. Building a Homepage Wireframe
5. Completing the Wireframing Process
6. Advanced Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.