Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Using canvases for multiple related wireframes, part of OmniGraffle 5: Creating Web Sitemaps and Wireframes.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Canvases are OmniGraffle's word for pages.…It's just a way to take your document and divide it up into multiple pages…that can hold content.…This is particularly useful for wireframes because it almost always requires…multiple wireframes in order to fully describe the pages in a web site.…In this movie, we'll see how to apply canvases to wireframes.…I'm starting with a complete homepage wireframe, and it's been broken out into a…few layers for Comments, Content and then the BG.…
In order to convert this into multiple canvases for multiple wireframes, I'm…actually going to start by creating a shared layer.…The shared layer is going to allow me to have the background elements on every…canvas and have it being shared such that if I make a change in one place it…populates to the other canvases.…I am going to start by just making a New Shared layer.…I am going to call this Background.…It will be the background, and that differentiates it from the BG layer.…
But eventually, we are going to just eliminate the BG layer and only have Background.…
- Developing for interactive media
- Using shapes and lines for information architecture
- Working with text
- Using and customizing stencils
- Aligning, grouping, and locking objects
- Using automatic layouts for sitemaps
- Positioning content elements
- Iterating wireframes based on feedback
- Wireframing for mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using OmniGraffle for Wireframes and Sitemaps
2. Common Techniques for Wireframes and Sitemaps
3. Building a Sitemap
4. Building a Homepage Wireframe
5. Completing the Wireframing Process
6. Advanced Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.