Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Using best practices in a sitemap, part of OmniGraffle 5: Creating Web Sitemaps and Wireframes.
The idea of a sitemap is to represent the content of a site in a way that is…organized and conveys the way the end user will experience this content when…it is on the web site.…Rarely does the end user ever see a visual representation of a sitemap;…rather, it's an internal guide for the development team to really conceptualize…how the web site is going to function.…Here are some rules of the road to keep in mind as you are creating sitemaps.…
First, like a geographical map, a sitemap takes a bird's eye view.…It's a big picture of what the content looks like.…It doesn't need to convey every single detail.…Second, it's common to see sitemaps in a hierarchical structure, like a tree.…This is logical because most web sites have a single entry point called a…homepage that then expands out to other content.…While this is the norm, don't make it a limiting factor in your web site designs.…
Third point is that you should be able to conceptualize and imagine a user's…path through the site on a sitemap.…
- Developing for interactive media
- Using shapes and lines for information architecture
- Working with text
- Using and customizing stencils
- Aligning, grouping, and locking objects
- Using automatic layouts for sitemaps
- Positioning content elements
- Iterating wireframes based on feedback
- Wireframing for mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using OmniGraffle for Wireframes and Sitemaps
2. Common Techniques for Wireframes and Sitemaps
3. Building a Sitemap
4. Building a Homepage Wireframe
5. Completing the Wireframing Process
6. Advanced Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.