Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the interactive development process, part of OmniGraffle 5: Creating Web Sitemaps and Wireframes.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
How do sitemaps and wireframes fit in the overall interactive…development process?…Before we start making these diagrams, I want to address that question.…Sitemaps and wireframes are part of information architecture, which is basically…preproduction for web sites.…Like real-world architecture, the idea is to create a series of diagrams, or…pictures, that describe the web site you're going to build before you actually build it.…
There are more than two types of information architecture diagrams, but I find…that sitemaps and wireframes are two of the fundamentals, useful in pretty much…any web site you may be building.…Remember that these are process-oriented documents.…The point is not to make them all beautiful.…They are functional.…You want them to work as a communication tool that helps your team collaborate.…The end goal of information architecture is a streamlined economical process…where overages in design and coding are avoided because good planning has taken…place at an earlier stage.…
- Developing for interactive media
- Using shapes and lines for information architecture
- Working with text
- Using and customizing stencils
- Aligning, grouping, and locking objects
- Using automatic layouts for sitemaps
- Positioning content elements
- Iterating wireframes based on feedback
- Wireframing for mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using OmniGraffle for Wireframes and Sitemaps
2. Common Techniques for Wireframes and Sitemaps
3. Building a Sitemap
4. Building a Homepage Wireframe
5. Completing the Wireframing Process
6. Advanced Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.