Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding OmniGraffle's strengths, part of OmniGraffle 5: Creating Web Sitemaps and Wireframes.
Why OmniGraffle for sitemaps and wireframes? Why this tool for this job? There are some great reasons to use OmniGraffle for sitemaps and wireframes. Let's quickly go over them. First, OmniGraffle is a diagramming program, not a drawing program, and that's an important distinction. It means that when you make a shape or a line in OmniGraffle, it's an object, and it's smart. Lines can be attached to shapes, and that attachment will stick. They're not just pictures.
They're objects that are smart. That means that building diagrams like this in OmniGraffle is very quick to get going, and it's very easy to make changes if you need to. That's really important for this type of work. These are living documents that need to evolve with your process. Lastly, OmniGraffle is extensible. That means that it works well with items that don't start within the software. This includes stencils which are pre-made graphics that you can download off the web.
You can also import images like logos and exporting different image types and print outs is no problem either. So that's why we're here. OmniGraffle is a great tool for sitemapping and wireframing. In the movies that follow, I'll be building on this central idea, but it is the whole reason for this program.
- Developing for interactive media
- Using shapes and lines for information architecture
- Working with text
- Using and customizing stencils
- Aligning, grouping, and locking objects
- Using automatic layouts for sitemaps
- Positioning content elements
- Iterating wireframes based on feedback
- Wireframing for mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using OmniGraffle for Wireframes and Sitemaps
2. Common Techniques for Wireframes and Sitemaps
3. Building a Sitemap
4. Building a Homepage Wireframe
5. Completing the Wireframing Process
6. Advanced Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.