Text is one of the important tools in Omnigraffle that can be used in user experience design documents. Text in Omnigraffle can be placed in three ways: on a shape, on a line, and as a discreet text element. Text can be created by double clicking a shape or with the shape tool. With the shape tool selected click once on a black area or a line to create text. Text styles can be adjusted in the text inspector.
- [Voiceover] Next I wanna talk about text in OmniGraffle…and along with shapes and lines,…text is the third really fundamental tool…that you'll be using all the time.…I sort of consider these the big three in OmniGraffle.…Shapes, lines and text.…As you can see, you have a Text Tool…right here next to the other two…and I'm going to click this twice…and remember that will be persistent use,…it will mean that I stay in Text Tool…until I click something else.…
And again we have some styles here.…We'll just stay on our regular, current style…and we have a font inspector that we can use…to adjust later.…The big point I wanna make about text…is that it can be appended to different objects.…So if I click on this shape…and I type a word like "home,"…then if I go back to my selection tool,…you can see that these are now attached.…That text belongs to that shape.…
However, if I want to put text on a line,…I can do that with the Text Tool…by clicking on the line with the Text Tool…and you see that comes up as a Line Label…so we could write a word like "connect."…
Join Jason Osder as he demonstrates how to use OmniGraffle 6. He shows you how to use basic features, like adding lines, shapes, and text, to create diagrams of page layouts, or wireframes, in addition to advanced features, like working with stencils and templates. He lets you know when he is showing a pro-version feature, like presentation mode and subgraphs, so you can adjust accordingly. Along the way, you'll learn how to improve your documentation by eliminating unnecessary elements to help readers visualize all of a site on one page. As an object-based diagramming program, OmniGraffle has features for executing UX and IA documents. Creating other documents, like use case scenarios, content maps, and models, is also covered.
- Setting up document files
- Aligning and distributing lines, shapes, and text
- Using canvases, templates, layers, and stencils
- Making sitemaps to organize information
- Creating wireframes to diagram page layouts
- Designing for mobile
- Building content maps and conceptual models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Commonly Used UX Techniques
2. Create a Sitemap
3. Advanced Sitemap Techniques
4. Wireframe the Homepage
5. Complete the Wireframe Process
6. Additional UX Documents
7. Presentation and Export
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.