Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting wireframe background elements, part of OmniGraffle 5: Creating Web Sitemaps and Wireframes.
How do we start our wireframe?…Well, a big, blank page can be a little intimidating.…I like to put some background elements in and lock them in place, just as a starting spot.…Let's see how that works.…Here's my blank document.…The first thing I'm going to do is to actually change its orientation.…This is what's called portrait mode, meaning the frame is taller than it is wide.…I prefer to do wireframes in landscape mode. So that's easy.…
It's just File > Page Setup, and we want to move its Orientation to landscape.…This is pretty typical of a lot of software. There we go.…I might also do Fit in Window.…Now we're looking at the blank page all ready to add our wireframe elements.…Next, I need to choose a stencil that has the objects we want.…I should say I'm going to choose a stencil, because you could find these…elements at other places.…
I just like to use stencils in OmniGraffle.…So I'm going to go up to my Stencils palette, and I want to search locally, and…I want to search for "wireframe."…
- Developing for interactive media
- Using shapes and lines for information architecture
- Working with text
- Using and customizing stencils
- Aligning, grouping, and locking objects
- Using automatic layouts for sitemaps
- Positioning content elements
- Iterating wireframes based on feedback
- Wireframing for mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using OmniGraffle for Wireframes and Sitemaps
2. Common Techniques for Wireframes and Sitemaps
3. Building a Sitemap
4. Building a Homepage Wireframe
5. Completing the Wireframing Process
6. Advanced Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.