Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Presenting sitemaps, part of OmniGraffle 5: Creating Web Sitemaps and Wireframes.
The sitemap is done, and it's time for your big presentation.…OmniGraffle has some great tools that will help you really show off your work.…Let's go through them in this movie.…The first thing I want to do is add a few things that create kind of a frame for this sitemap.…First, I'm going to place our client's logo in the upper left-hand corner, just…to sort of mark it as their brand.…It's really easy to bring images into OmniGraffle.…I'm just going to go File > Place Image.…Then in our Exercise Files/Ch03, we've got our logo as a TIF image.…
OmniGraffle can accept many common image files, including TIF.…Okay, there's our logo.…It's a little large.…I'm just going to hold Shift to lock our aspect ratio, as we make it a…comfortable size for this document. That looks good.…You're not always going to put your client's logo on the sitemap.…It really depends on the presentation.…In this case, I think they're really going to appreciate seeing it branded by them.…The other thing I like to do is just a little bit of textual information up top.…
- Developing for interactive media
- Using shapes and lines for information architecture
- Working with text
- Using and customizing stencils
- Aligning, grouping, and locking objects
- Using automatic layouts for sitemaps
- Positioning content elements
- Iterating wireframes based on feedback
- Wireframing for mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using OmniGraffle for Wireframes and Sitemaps
2. Common Techniques for Wireframes and Sitemaps
3. Building a Sitemap
4. Building a Homepage Wireframe
5. Completing the Wireframing Process
6. Advanced Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.