Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Positioning content elements, part of OmniGraffle 5: Creating Web Sitemaps and Wireframes.
Wireframing is really about problem solving.…At a certain point, the content lands on your desk with a big question mark.…How does it fit on the page?…In this movie, we're going to look at initial positioning of content on a wireframe.…We're starting with a diagram that has all of the elements present, but no work…has really gone into placing them on the wireframe.…I've also gotten some more information from the client.…The big heading on their homepage is really a seasonal heading.…
It switches out once every season, which totally makes sense for a flower company.…They do their promotions four times a year.…The sub head actually goes with the seasonal heading.…And I'm going to go ahead and move that up, so I just remember it and just keep…them visually together.…And then this body copy actually does not go with the seasonal material.…This is more general copy for the company.…I'm going to remove that away from the others to start having a sense of…visual consistency.…Okay, that's all the information I have, and now I get to the problem-solving…
- Developing for interactive media
- Using shapes and lines for information architecture
- Working with text
- Using and customizing stencils
- Aligning, grouping, and locking objects
- Using automatic layouts for sitemaps
- Positioning content elements
- Iterating wireframes based on feedback
- Wireframing for mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using OmniGraffle for Wireframes and Sitemaps
2. Common Techniques for Wireframes and Sitemaps
3. Building a Sitemap
4. Building a Homepage Wireframe
5. Completing the Wireframing Process
6. Advanced Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.