Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Making a legend, part of OmniGraffle 5: Creating Web Sitemaps and Wireframes.
So your sitemap is all finished, but all this careful work you have put in to…color coding things and making different styles of lines and making every thing…perfect, well, it might make more sense to you in your own head than the people…that are going to look at your sitemap for the first time.…A good key to bridge this gap is a legend.…And legends are a good idea on any sitemap that gets beyond the most basic, in…terms of complexity.…As long as you're using different styles, a legend is a great idea just to let…your end user know what you're trying to communicate.…
In this movie, we're going to make a quick legend.…Start your legend by making a nice big box where you want it to go.…I am going to use my Shape tool and just drag out an area where I have got some…space and I think I want to put it.…I am going to double-click and type "LEGEND" in there and, of course, I can't…have that just sitting in the middle of the box.…It's just a label for the whole box.…So in my Text Inspector I want to align it so it's top and left.…
- Developing for interactive media
- Using shapes and lines for information architecture
- Working with text
- Using and customizing stencils
- Aligning, grouping, and locking objects
- Using automatic layouts for sitemaps
- Positioning content elements
- Iterating wireframes based on feedback
- Wireframing for mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using OmniGraffle for Wireframes and Sitemaps
2. Common Techniques for Wireframes and Sitemaps
3. Building a Sitemap
4. Building a Homepage Wireframe
5. Completing the Wireframing Process
6. Advanced Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.