Wireframing, in fact all user experience design is an iterative process. Omnigraffle is a particularly good tool for this because it is quick and easy to make changes based on feedback. The user experience design process calls for one to receive feedback and make changes over and over. Use omnigraffle to quickly make these changes and make alternate version to try out ideas. This is much more efficient and cost effective at this stage than it will be later in the design phase.
- [Voiceover] We're looking at a complete…home page wire frame, but we're not done.…And the reason is because this whole process…is about making changes and taking feedback.…Or what I refer to as iteration.…And I've been using that word, but just to define it…that means a process by which you create something,…you get comments on it,…based on those comments you make changes,…and then you repeat.…That's what iteration is all about,…a process by which you repeat,…make a change, and repeat again.…
And keep doing this process over and over.…And this will continue through…the design process and the content development,…but generally during this UX design phase,…working with tools like OnmiGraffle,…one of the strengths…is you can try out lots of stuff at a small expense.…Because, as you see, OnmiGraffle is so fluid…and so easy to make adjustments and changes.…So that's where we are.…We've presented this home page to our team…and some changes are happening.…And sometimes there's discussion…and things don't go forward.…
So we had a discussion about putting smaller photos…
Join Jason Osder as he demonstrates how to use OmniGraffle 6. He shows you how to use basic features, like adding lines, shapes, and text, to create diagrams of page layouts, or wireframes, in addition to advanced features, like working with stencils and templates. He lets you know when he is showing a pro-version feature, like presentation mode and subgraphs, so you can adjust accordingly. Along the way, you'll learn how to improve your documentation by eliminating unnecessary elements to help readers visualize all of a site on one page. As an object-based diagramming program, OmniGraffle has features for executing UX and IA documents. Creating other documents, like use case scenarios, content maps, and models, is also covered.
- Setting up document files
- Aligning and distributing lines, shapes, and text
- Using canvases, templates, layers, and stencils
- Making sitemaps to organize information
- Creating wireframes to diagram page layouts
- Designing for mobile
- Building content maps and conceptual models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Commonly Used UX Techniques
2. Create a Sitemap
3. Advanced Sitemap Techniques
4. Wireframe the Homepage
5. Complete the Wireframe Process
6. Additional UX Documents
7. Presentation and Export
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.