Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding Stencils, part of OmniGraffle 5: Creating Web Sitemaps and Wireframes.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
How do you go about finding the best stencil for the job?…Well if you use OmniGraffle like I do, this is no small question because the…stencil that you choose will go a long way to determining the look of the final diagram.…I always take my time at this stage, and also sometimes I take an existing…template and augment it to fit my needs.…Sometimes I also make a custom stencil to save these changes, but these are…things we will cover in later movies.…For now, let's just look deeply about how to search for and review stencils that…we are thinking about using for a diagram.…
I have still got my Stencils palette open, and I want to return to the…Search box that's up top.…Just pull down this small menu here because it shows some interesting things.…This choice right here to search Local or to search Graffletopia is really…important because there is really only two places that you are going to find a…stencil: One is it's going to be on your local computer…because you created it, or you downloaded it already, or someone sent it to you to use;…
- Developing for interactive media
- Using shapes and lines for information architecture
- Working with text
- Using and customizing stencils
- Aligning, grouping, and locking objects
- Using automatic layouts for sitemaps
- Positioning content elements
- Iterating wireframes based on feedback
- Wireframing for mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
1. Using OmniGraffle for Wireframes and Sitemaps
2. Common Techniques for Wireframes and Sitemaps
3. Building a Sitemap
4. Building a Homepage Wireframe
5. Completing the Wireframing Process
6. Advanced Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.