Stencils are pre made sets of graphics that can be used in Omnigraffle documents and also customized to fit different needs. Many stencils useful for user experience design are included in Omnigraffle. More stencils are available online. Stenciltown is a section of the Omnigroup website with stencils. Graffletopia is subscription based site with a wide range of stencils.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] One of the things that makes OmniGraffle…particularly useful and flexible for this type of UX work,…is, what are called, stencils,…and what stencils are are premade packages of graphics…that you can use in your diagrams as well as customize.…So I want to take a look at how these work…and also where you can find more stencils beyond what's…available with the program when you get it.…So I'm on a blank document here and you can actually…follow along with any document you have in OmniGraffle.…
We're not gonna actually be doing anything…so much as a little bit of show and tell.…I'm gonna go over to my Stencils Inspector.…It's the far right here.…You can see a list of all the different stencils…that come with OmniGraffle…and a lot of them are pretty simple such as shapes,…some of them are fancier but have very little to do…with UX design, we have three dimensional,…we have some various maps.…By the way, if this is not looking exactly the same to you,…there's a few different looks that you have…when you actually display the stencil…
Join Jason Osder as he demonstrates how to use OmniGraffle 6. He shows you how to use basic features, like adding lines, shapes, and text, to create diagrams of page layouts, or wireframes, in addition to advanced features, like working with stencils and templates. He lets you know when he is showing a pro-version feature, like presentation mode and subgraphs, so you can adjust accordingly. Along the way, you'll learn how to improve your documentation by eliminating unnecessary elements to help readers visualize all of a site on one page. As an object-based diagramming program, OmniGraffle has features for executing UX and IA documents. Creating other documents, like use case scenarios, content maps, and models, is also covered.
- Setting up document files
- Aligning and distributing lines, shapes, and text
- Using canvases, templates, layers, and stencils
- Making sitemaps to organize information
- Creating wireframes to diagram page layouts
- Designing for mobile
- Building content maps and conceptual models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Commonly Used UX Techniques
2. Create a Sitemap
3. Advanced Sitemap Techniques
4. Wireframe the Homepage
5. Complete the Wireframe Process
6. Additional UX Documents
7. Presentation and Export
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.